Saturday, December 31, 2011

Recap: 2011

Chris Brown feat. Benny Benassi -  Beautiful People

I've been extremely busy (and lazy) this month... so here's an end-of-the-year update.

Mika's major events of 2011:

- Started off the New Year bad last year.  Went home mad, stayed mad for a few days... wasn't a good start.  Maybe that's the reason for the extreme ups and downs this year...

- Finished a great fieldwork in a mental health setting for OT.  Would love to work there, but it's too damn far away and the perks of the job aren't necessarily convincing.

- Graduated with my Master's in OT.  Became an MOT, OTR/L after passing my license test.  Done with school forever!!!

- Traveled Asia with my sister.  South Korea (Seoul) and Taiwan were amazing.  It's been too long (6 years) since I've travelled.... definitely something I'll get back into.  Maybe I'll travel with Catherine and bring friends next time, too!

- Got my first job = start of the career.  Loving work we do as occupational therapists... it's so meaningful to people.  :)

- Made two really close friends who I am pretty much joined at the hip now... can't live without them.

- Reconnected with some old friends whom I'm trying to become closer with (Christina, you're one of them!).  

- Started, for the first time in my life, budgeting.  Got credit cards (yes, living the American Dream lol), a car (more debt), and am paying off bills (thank you, loans).  Feeling like an adult now.


- This was the year of the beginning of my online journey... ABC ID8r  =)





2011!  Oh how you've been a large roller coaster.  If I were to give an award to the most eventful year of my life, it would be this one.  Honorable mentions go out to:

-Catherine: for being there for me throughout this journey.  Thank you for being my traveling buddy and my closest best friend.  We graduated this year together to start our lives (and our careers) on the same foot.  Let's keep this alive!  Love you seestar! <3

-Rich: for being my right-hand man.  As time passed, this year we became besties.  I know that no matter what, we've always got each other's back, through thick and thin.  Our support for each other shows in the most meaningful way, and I feel like I've gotten to know someone great whom I can be long term friends with.  The more I get to know you, the more interesting life becomes-- your ideas (although random yet fun) keep things exciting. You always try to help me improve myself and I can only hope I'm helping you do the same.  You look out for me and take care of me.  Thanks.

-Tommy: for using your sense of humor to bring out my best personality.  Our new found friendship has let me feel like we can reciprocate feedback about our own personal feelings-- feelings that has been a major roller coaster this year. You never disappoint and never fail to surprise me.  Thank you.

-Bryan: for your patience, love, and help to making me who I am today.  Although we've had some tiffs this year, I am happy right now- happy with the mutual outcome, happy with myself, and happy for you to have found out more of what you want in/out of life.  May we remain close this upcoming year.

-Lucas: for being there when I was at my all-time low and keeping me in check.  As my close long-term friend, I know I can always rely on you for just about anything.  Our give-and-take relationship works out well for both of us.  You're becoming such an amazing person and I look forward to working with you on a professional level.

Goals for 2012:

- Save.  I'm going to start saving money.  I know, it's a weird concept for people at my age, but really, I need to think about the future.

- Health.  Eating right and increasing activity in general.  I love exercise and I love food, but there's got to be some balance somewhere... hopefully I'll find it and make it a habit.  After all, they say it takes 21 days for something to become a habit.  :P

- Leadership.  As the new OCA Chair, I need to prioritize my focuses.  I'm in charge of a large organization now and a lot of people rely on me.  I'll sort out my time to make this one of the top priorities.


- Friendship.  Ever since I've graduated from high school, I've never had really close friends since.  I've always wanted to go back to how close those friendships were, but was never able to achieve them.  Now, I feel as if I have the capability, time, and characteristics/traits that make a good friend.  I hope I can be a good friend to those that can reciprocate that friendship as well.  :)

- Family.  I want to be able to reconnect with my family.  Although this year may not be the best year for this goal (seeing as I'm so busy and everything is so time consuming), it's never too early to start.  They've always been there for me and mean so much, I know I take them for granted sometimes.  Love each and every one of them.  <3


Alrighty, now it's time to party it up.  Happy New Year everyone!

3 comments:

  1. I'm Winnie. :)
    We miss u so much.♥
    Happy New Year! ^__^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful recap post. I want us to become closer, too!! You are a great person and you are always so much fun! Good luck with your future goals, too, I know you can do it! :)

    ReplyDelete