It started with a midnight massage where all the stress just melted away with each rub from Saul. Honestly, men give THE BEST massages! Only they are strong enough to get deep tissue (in my opinion, but maybe I'm super weak sauce and the guys don't even think it's deep tissue!!).
Then commence a nice sleepover where I slept hard. Nothing woke me up except for my bladder punching me in the kidneys in warning of kidney failure if evacuation didn't commence ASAP. Waking up just before sunrise to an amazing face is just... mmm.
A peppermint shower and donning of a new souvenir shirt later, Saul presented me with a delicious smoothie of his own creation, fresh leafy greens and locally grown fruits in one. I helped myself to one large glass (it was probably 3 servings, but in my defense it was all healthy and fresh!) for breakfast before work. I was also presented with an epic salad of mixed greens, cherry tomatoes, alfalfa sprouts, maui onions, goat cheese, carrots with hummus, avocado and an apple banana. Even the co-workers were eyeing it! Absolutely delicious with some Italian dressing. :)~
The work day started off with a hefty caseload (hefty in Hawaii standards). With 7 patients, several of them evaluations, I plowed through the best I could in the morning. To my surprise, There was nothing that I got hung up over! Everything went very smoothly, I even picked up a SNF patient from another OT. Productivity was way high (and to me, especially with the documentation system here, good productivity for acute is >50%)! Feeling like I did an impressive job with all my treatments, documents, and communication with the multidisciplinary team. Accomplished!
To top it off, I ended my work day with a farewell to that punk. LOL
Checking the phone from sistar, she called the post office who reports the package she sent forever ago has arrived in Hawaii! My biggest fear was this package getting lost... it's one of those carry-everywhere-in-your-purse kits that included my ipod. Yes, I have gone 4 weeks without my ipod and am totally going crazy! However, upon checking my mail, indeed I received a "Sorry We Missed You" note! THANK GODDESS!!!!
I can honestly say I love Wednesdays when Saul takes care of my needs. THANK YOU FOR TAKING BACK THE $10 FOR FARMER'S MARKET PRODUCE! I come home to a freshly vacuumed apartment, clean dishes, fresh fruit, stocked refrigerator (including a new surprise today: fresh sprouts still in the dirt!), and tropical flowers... am I the luckiest girl alive? I can't rave about him enough... so thankful to have him in my life, and very open to giving him the praise he deserves and more. :)
![]() |
| Tropical flowers, tropical fruit (long-yan, papaya, apple bananas) and my retrieval ticket for my ipod! |
![]() |
| Sprouts on the bottom shelf! |
Having only 20 minutes to relax at home, I quickly changed, scarfed down some raw oatmeal (Saul's special recipe! Ground up steel cut oats [I used rolled oats], water, coconut milk, honey and cinnamon), carrots, hummus and a protein bar before running out the door to HUT class: Hawaii Urban Training on Coconut Island with Whitney. We totally got our asses handed to us! Well, more like our arms. 25 pushups, 25 squats and 25 jumping jacks for warmup. Bench press x100. Tricep pushups x15 alternating with tricep dips, 5 rounds. Tricep plank (half plank) to L/R/Fwd/Bkwd cues. 8-12 count burnout pushups. DEATH I SAY.

Cooling off with a walk around Liliuokalani Park talking about life and enjoying the Hawaii weather after HUT with Whitney was just enough social release to get me through the last amazing part of my day: HULA! Having been absent for an entire month (and missing an entire dance :c Booooo) the halau had learned and practiced so much. I could really feel the love they have for the art of dance and for each other... I felt missed by people that I didn't even know. Wishing I could stay in Hilo to grasp the art of hula holistically.
Finally coming home after a long, crazy, but amazing day, a nice cold shower was welcome before feasting on a banana and mango while making meal plans for tomorrow. Cooked up a quinoa curry, another batch of raw oatmeal, quinoa "oatmeal", plans for a Mexican fish taco meal (before my food goes bad!), omelettes, and delicious salads. This week is going to be full of awesome, wholesome, healthy foods!
![]() |
| Raw oatmeal! :3 |
Now, if I could only get Saul to stop by and eat some of this uh-maaaazing quinoa curry creation I have discovered... ;)



No comments:
Post a Comment