I'm often referred to as a strong woman by those who know me the best-- friends from Utah. Strong was something I wasn't sure of, as it could be good and bad (now I know, it's open to interpretation). I've always been very independent, but this list of what to expect from me (especially when dating, since this is something I've been doing more of as years go by).
1. Don't expect any fluff from her.
I do enjoy problem solving, but he has to be one, too. Being straight is important.
2. Don't expect to carry on a relationship solely through text messages.
YES. I can't do it, text messages are just too slow. Who has time to wait for a response? I certainly don't, so I'll respond when it's most convenient if you don't have time to sit down and talk on the phone.
3. Don't expect her to be impressed by your antics.
Gah, those dating games. All they do is confuse me, and then it becomes a turn-off. I need genuine people.
4. Don't expect to have mindless conversations.
Let's talk about something you're passionate about! Something that gives insight! A little (or a lot) of self-improvement. Life hacks. I'm all about efficiency and feelz, not usually talking in circles.
5. Don't expect being indecisive to fly.
:) I don't want to decide on everything, so if a man can step it up, I'm willing to follow along. I make enough decisions at work as it is.
6. Don't expect her to put up with disrespect.
WIN. This is step #1. If I don't feel respected, then how do I respect you?
7. Don't expect being flaky to be okay.
Worst. People. Ever. Don't even get me started on this soap. I find myself to be a very committed person once I say YES. IF I confirm, it's going to happen, and I will do anything I can to make it happen. If in the mere chance I have to back out, you'll know as soon as I do.
8. Do expect to be consistently motivated.
The article states it clearly: "She lives her life with purpose, with goals, with a vision for the future. If you are the man she has chosen to share her life with, her ambitious nature will rub off on you, if you aren't like that already. You will have a lifelong teammate by your side. An equal, a partner, a confidant."
9. Do expect her to fully commit to you.
I'm trying to live life more fully, so help me help you. Trust is also a two way street... once you break my trust, it's extremely hard to earn it back.
10. Do expect to have new experiences.
I have done and experienced so many things, it has only gotten more and more rich and extravagant (on occasion). It would be nice to have a partner to explore new territory with :)
11. Do expect to look forward to every day.
Everyday is a new day, a new opportunity to shake up the routine and do something extraordinary!
"When you are with a strong woman, there is no such thing as being bored. She is always on the go, and while she does enjoy relaxing on the couch, she can just as easily suggest an impromptu weekend away in the mountains. (And, even if you plan it out, expect her to add her own personal flair.)"
12. Do expect to build a beautiful life together.
I struggle with this the most, as I know I try to make the most out of everything. I'm always looking for the best for myself... it's so hard when you're a strong woman, because expectations are high and difficult to reach. So, for those few men out there that I have chosen to spend my time with, I chose them to give them a chance at something that will make both our lives immeasurable.
"As someone motivated, ambitious and intelligent, you want to build a beautiful life for yourself. You have goals, dreams and visions for your future. There is no better feeling than knowing the woman standing next to you shares your level of ambition and matches your efforts.
You will never be happier than when you are with a strong woman, because she lives her life with a burning desire to make the best of it. She loves deeply and will motivate you to become the best possible version of yourself -- while remaining the same man she fell for in the first place.
Do not shy away from strong women, and do not be intimidated by their passion for life. Instead, be excited that you have found your teammate. You have found your partner in crime.
You have found your equal."
No comments:
Post a Comment