Monday, December 23, 2013

Holiday Festivity Struggle



My oh my, today was an exhausting day.  Trying to get patients on a Monday, 7 notes + T.O's and the facility Christmas Party make for a hectic schedule. Several things going on today I'd like to point out:

- Chocolate in the office is a horrible idea.  There was a gift box for the therapy team for giving great care.  I think I may have singlehandedly eaten at least 12 pieces on my own (sandwich cookies count for 2!) throughout the day, gave myself no time for lunch, then ate a huge mid-day holiday dinner provided by the facility (thank god I skipped dessert here).
- Chocolate + stress + work = uncontrollable eating.  YUCK.
- Free food is irresistible.

I tell myself "NO!  JUST BECAUSE IT'S THE HOLIDAYS DOESN'T MEAN YOU CAN PIG OUT!"  But somehow my tummy does the talking. :c  Like my self control goes out the window.  So, besides the 12+ chocolate pieces, turkey/stuffing/sweet potato/carrot/gravy dinner, I had such good intentions of being healthy today.

Breakfast: fig greek yogurt, banana
Lunch: mixed organic greens, raw sprouts, beans & lentil salad with balsamic/evoo, string cheese, small handful of kettle chips
Dinner: raw/spicy hummus with celery & carrots, glass of unsweetened almond milk

But AGAIN, all out the window because of my sugar high and extra meal thrown into the mix.  SIGHHHHHH.  I can't win!  ><
Active plan starting NOW:

- Workout before bed
- Breakfast: raw steel cut oats in coconut milk with cinnamon & honey
- Lunch: veggie soup & raw salad
- Dinner: spinach & spaghetti
- Dessert: banana & peanut butter
- Rock climb after work

Done and done.  Thank you for tuning into Mika's de-railed & re-rail program.  :D

No comments:

Post a Comment