
HAPPY NEW YEAR!
As we reign in the new year and reflect back, I must say 2013 was most epic.
2013 HIGHLIGHTS
Left the nest
Made countless friends in 3 different cities
More OT experience than I could ever imagine
Learning creative cooking
Eating unique food
Skills: hula hooping, hula, beach volleyball, hosting, knitting
The importance of family time
Learned how to love my parents more
Fell in love with my amazing boyfriend
Learned the true meaning of friendship
Learned who were "keeper" friends
Letting Go 2013
Farewell to Tommy <3>3>
As 2014 begins, I find myself reflecting on one major goal (modified throughout the year) for 2013- financial investments. It was only after I made the goal did I realize I had no money to begin investing... so my goal was to save up enough money for a down payment on a home. Needless to say, I made some good and some poor financial decisions this year and am only 89% accomplished.
So for 2014, I would like to 1) finish my down payment goal and 2) become settled in a city where I am financially stable. At first I wanted to push the investment goal a year back, but seeing as I may be moving to Hawaii the next year (!!!), I think a year of stability and steady income will do me some good. Maybe I'll invest next year. :)
Anger towards my body for fluctuating weight
Poor financial decisions regarding housing
Resentment towards "friends" who I never talked to after I left
Viewing people as "boys/girls" but rather "men/women" as a sign of respect
The meaning of Independent does not mean you cannot allow others to help
As 2014 begins, I find myself reflecting on one major goal (modified throughout the year) for 2013- financial investments. It was only after I made the goal did I realize I had no money to begin investing... so my goal was to save up enough money for a down payment on a home. Needless to say, I made some good and some poor financial decisions this year and am only 89% accomplished. So for 2014, I would like to 1) finish my down payment goal and 2) become settled in a city where I am financially stable. At first I wanted to push the investment goal a year back, but seeing as I may be moving to Hawaii the next year (!!!), I think a year of stability and steady income will do me some good. Maybe I'll invest next year. :)
I am making it a goal to not make goals about my body/weight. It's too much pressure, and I don't need that negative outlook on myself. I need to believe in what I preach: every woman is different. Love your body and you will learn to love yourself all the more. Watching that Ellen segment with the plus size model really honed it in for me, as I could relate to her in so many ways. I use to model, am much taller than all the other models, a bit bustier and in general, bigger, averaging a size of 10 (doesn't look it, but yeah, I'm built differently!). Maybe I could have pursued plus size modeling... one has to wonder. (Or a K-pop star for that matter!)
Love my body and I will take care of it in return. Sounds reasonable, right?

Bring in the new year! So many "firsts" in 2013... what will 2014 bring?
No comments:
Post a Comment