Monday, January 6, 2014

Unintentional Things that Make Me Happy

There are some things that people say or do to secretly make a woman feel good.  You know what I mean, that little thing someone does or says that boost your ego a little bit more (only if you need it, and not if you have too much of it).  Here's my compilation of things that make me feel good, in no particular order:

1. When someone you know says "Dayum, you look hot/good/amazing in that ________!" without you even trying.

2. When you overhear someone giving praise about you for some attribute you never really thought you had.

3. When a group of people follow you or look up to you for doing something you find is an every day task, but they see you as a heroine.  

4. When people come to you for advice about something they think only you would know best (but never really considered yourself an expert).

5. When you've finally perfected it/figured something out and everyone notices and gives you praise without seeming like you're asking for it.

6.  When people randomly contact you/send items in the mail because they were thinking about you.

7.  When people remember you on special days (birthdays, Christmas, anniversaries, etc).

8.  When you feel comfortable, challenged, and valuable at work.  (Recently read this article on employment)

9.  When you get a hug or reward for doing something well that you worked so hard to achieve.

10.  When someone offers to help because they were observant enough to see your distress.

11.  When someone does something to show they know you (I know, vague, but they could be things like take you somewhere you wanted to go/do, make you something you've wanted to eat, gifts for a monumental moment, etc).

I'm sure there are more, but I wanted to write some of them down before I forget them.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment