1. I wish I’d had the courage to live a life true to myself, not the life others expected of me.
At the moment, this includes fitness, health and beauty. I've always been drawn to the world of publicity, whether it's entertainment or modeling. I don't know why I never pursued it. MAYBE IT'LL BE MY REGRET D:
2. I wish I didn’t work so hard.
This is a 50/50 feeling for me. I want to work hard so I can make my dreams come true. What I don't want to do is overwork or work in place of life events. For example, the last 2 weeks was a nightmare. 12 days in a row?! Don't ask me what I was smoking. To top it off, I was considering working the weekend after (both Sat and Sun) OR going to a symposium. HA. Glad I just took the weekend off... it made this week look like cakewalk. :) Plus, I had an engagement party, hiking date with nature, sending off family, dinner date with grandma, sibling hangout at a festival- priceless. I guess I sort of have this one down.
3. I wish I’d had the courage to express my feelings.
The advice that sticks out to me most: "Although people may initially react when you change the way you are by speaking honestly, in the end it raises the relationship to a whole new and healthier level. Either that or it releases the unhealthy relationship from your life. Either way, you win." I've realized as I enter my 30's (when really, it's just a number! I feel like I'm 20 ^_^) I don't care so much about the judgments of others. It's still a problem I have, and yes I become embarrassed easily by it, but when it comes to what really matters, I don't give a crap. Depending on who it is, I may be polite about it or not (are you able to take the heat?).
4. I wish I had stayed in touch with my friends.
This hits home this year as I approach my 10 year reunion. Why do people make such a big deal about it? I just want to keep tabs on my peeps, maybe even start/renew a friendship. The opportunities are endless. Friends, up until about 2 years ago, have been more important to me than anything (now family trumps all. Even though we say we love family, how much quality time do you actually spend with them?). Now that I've lost 2 friends, who are now in a better place, I feel so much of the importance of keeping in touch.
I'm really trying hard to improve myself as a friend. Sometimes, okay fine, most of the time I fall short of being a good friend. I'm so fortunate to have such wonderful people in my life that fit with my style. I need to make more of an effort to reach out to them. It's hard because I'm becoming more of a recluse every day. Is it so bad to prefer quiet time rather than 24/7 with people?
5. I wish that I had let myself be happier.
The comfort zone is the DANGER ZONE! Why didn't I figure this out before?! Happiness is a choice, don't get stuck, don't fear change. A familiar friend and I have been recently meeting to talk about life. These deep conversations led to quotes we find some connection to. How can you become happy? Be good to yourself and to others. Don't over-indulge. Don't deprive (I am guilty of this one, as I tend to deprive myself of things/experiences so I can save money for future goals). Be content with yourself and let go of what you can't change. Why stress over it? Choose to be happy.
Life is a choice. It is YOUR life. Choose consciously, choose wisely, choose honestly. Choose happiness.
No comments:
Post a Comment