More and more are friends talking about marriage. Whether they want to get married or if they're almost to the alter, it's a life changing topic that isn't taken lightly, especially for my generation/age group.
In this recent study, they find people who are married are actually happier. I had thought this to be true but had no evidence (and didn't really think to look up social science research), but it's interesting what results came up.
Personal take-away points:
- Those who live difficult lives could benefit the most from marriage
- Friendship within a marriage can result in twice the life satisfaction
- Those who are married have much shallower dips in life crisis
- Married life = happier and more satisfied with life
I'm not saying I'm in a rush to get married, but it would be nice to. We'll see where life takes me and whether or not it's part of the plan for me. I'm determined to be happy no matter what, but it would be blissful to be able to make someone else happy, too. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment