Friday, February 23, 2018

Gratitude and Karma

Daily gratitude (what I am thankful for yesterday):
Mom and her persistence to solve problems in order to make life easier or better quality- fixing technology so we can watch on the TV or eating good quality steak for dinner as a normal routine
Good friends who don't judge and keep you motivated- Sterling and Erin stimulating conversations of future and realism about stress and overworking
Sisters and her priorities- Catherine making me feel most important in my time here, even if I'm being annoying

A lot of issues arose at work yesterday so I ended up working remotely a good hour of the day. One part wants to solve the issues, the other part is fighting what are boundaries. Guilt has less of an affect on me since I've been handling guilt trips daily. But despite the emotional leverage people use I'm realizing one thing- people are still happy with me. Moreover, people are happy with how I make them feel. In a recent example, my immediate subordinate (which for the record, I hate using this term) informed me of many things occurring at work and asked how to proceed with certain tasks she has not been trained to do. She happily took over the tasks saying "it's part of the job" and "you would have done this for me if it were you." How much my heart swelled to hear something so caring and genuine flooded my body.

Yesterday a big life event change also occurred for my dad. Privacy will be protected but he seemed fine with the results. He started working in his office late evening for future planning and next steps. Dad is always so calm when it comes to these things, never trying to panic or worry others. Maybe I learn to be confident from him but I definitely have moments of panic from my mom XD

Advice i have received about taking my new chapter of life thus far has been foreign and welcoming. In the words of Tricia, self acceptance and learning is extremely important. Saying it's ok to relax and do what you want to do. Hande played a huge part in this, trying not to give yourself too much pressure to perform or be productive. She advised that this internal pressure can be another source of distress, something we need to learn how to manage better.

I think regular coffee dates and chatting with friends will help me expand my self acceptance and trigger thoughts for brainstorming and opening up ideas to areas of exploration. (I know that is really vague but I'm sure it will come into clarity soon).

This morning I am reaching out to friends in the Bay Area to build better, stronger relationships. There really is this level of maintenance that must occur when fostering new relationships... Otherwise people forget about you. Hopefully this won't be too much of an uphill battle to fight for friends :)

Today's goal:
Practice calligraphy for letters a-e
Do 20 burpees
Sing out loud :)


No comments:

Post a Comment