Thursday, February 22, 2018

Life just before 20/20

Today I make my efforts into starting a new chapter. A chapter that includes more care and passion into things I find interesting and love. It's about finding myself again without putting pressure on myself to do as many things as possible. This is a totally new concept to me... Why wouldn't you do as many things as possible?! Why wouldn't you utilize every waking moment to grow yourself and achieve more? The concept of self love and acceptance is something I thought you strived to accomplish in the fire, not in the now. Yet now looking back there is never a feeling of contentment, never is there satisfaction while in the present and validation to do things you want, not because you shouldn't.

Yet still part of me will never change and I like that about myself. I like that I am driven and ever changing. I like that I'm not lazy. I was reading a book written my Oprah called "what I know for sure" and she begins rating experiences in her life that are 5 stars and things she should always do that are 1 star. It's about balance and realizing what benefits YOU.

This morning waking up early actually felt like 3-4 stars. I thought it would be a 5 star rating if I slept in but I wouldn't have been able to make coffee date plans with old friends or write this blog or watch the sunrise over the Rocky Mountains. (*****)

Since I'm such a goal oriented person, I would like to start by doing something that I normally wouldn't do-- take care of myself first (the goals list will come later). Some initial ideas of how to care for myself:
- Thank you journal
- morning affirmation meditation
- daily blogging/journaling
- going outside and BEING outside daily

I'd like to also say I'm taking care of my eyes and taking care of me... My first act is to get laser eye surgery this week! So nervous but also very exciting. I've been contemplating this for almost 6 years now and that is 6 years I missed out on great vision.  So cheers to everyone on the other side of these spectacles! I can't believe I will no longer me wearing glasses this thick ever again. I may not get perfect vision but at least I won't be this blind lol

Now for the goals. Things I want to try to focus on with my new found free time:

- learn calligraphy
- write a song and compose
- flow art
- acro yoga
- interior decorating
- learn a musical instrument
-cook. All the time.
- work on enhancing my relationships
- make at least 1 best friend in Cali

There is a lot on this list but if I even get to half of it I'll be happy!! Wish me luck on life and in surgery...


No comments:

Post a Comment