It's hard to believe that 1 year ago today my life changed forever. A year ago today began a new chapter in my life. As I finally came to terms with the decisions that were laid out for me, I looked at the world in a different light. I accepted what others wanted over my own, because for almost a week I wanted to be selfish for the first time and keep my life the way it was.
After I accepted the change, I began to embrace it. Embrace myself and all that was to come. I try to push myself to live in the present and look at the future. Yet, sometimes I still struggle with regret. I know I tell myself "I don't regret anything" and I truly believe, for the most part, I don't have regrets. But a little part of me still wonders, "What if...?"
Not that any of those thoughts will provoke me to change what my life is here and now. I am happy with myself and where life has taken me. I have a loving family, a caring boyfriend, a secure job, and an enjoyable lifestyle. A girl always wishes for a little more, but I am content. Content doesn't make me sit around or get lazy, no no no... content means what I'm doing now makes me happy.
The next chapter (I'm not going to give away any spoilers) looks promising and quite exciting. I can't wait to see what happens. But no matter what, I am thankful for everyone and everything in my life and want to make sure everyone knows it. Without you all in my life, it may not be worth living.
Thank you.
No comments:
Post a Comment