I never thought I'd ever live in a town with only 2 degrees of separation. It was so common to see friends/coworkers you know at the store, walking down the street, or just at the same stop light. Such a quaint little town has helped me cherish the close friends and relationships I've made over the summer. I'll write another post about more of my experiences when I have a wee bit more time. ^_^
Some noted people that made my contract assignment in Hilo absolutely incredible (in no particular order):
Kelli, Jessi, Nikki: fun girls, orientation and my first day experience would have never been the same without you three. Love taking pictures, having wild parties with drunk twister, having cookout night, and adventuring with you all. You are the best type of travelers another traveler could party with!
Marisa & Eva: Oahu was fantastic with you girls. Thank you for the invite and I'm glad I could connect with you two on a deeper level. Both of you are such easy going people and I hope to develop some of the traits you gals have learned along the way, including speaking up for yourself (especially when you disagree or someone is disrespectful to you), always keeping your integrity (but not in a rigid manner), laugh a lot (it's therapeutic), and good friends mean everything, even if it's just one. :)
Yasha & Chris: The trip to Maui with you two adventurers was a blast. Both of you are flexible yet good planners. I love that you both would rather be out doing something than just sitting when with a group of people. It is without question you both know the best things in life are the simplest joys... and we are all pake. Yay!
Whitney & Rick: You guys motivated me to keep going at HUT! Thank you for letting me pick your brain about traveling as a therapist and for being so genuine about everything. I loved seeing you two on the floor: Rick, you always make it fun; Whit, I love how we team up (we make a great team!). I learned so much, whether you guys know it or not. :)
Bliss: my mentor. You have really inspired me to pursue with my continuing education and to make it count. As an entry level OT (yes, only 2 years in still counts as entry level!), I loved your knowledge base and hands-on clinical skills. Thank you so much for going the extra mile to mentor me and allow me to practice my skills on you- you've really made a difference. Cheers (with kombucha)!
Margaret: I really loved you from the start! You have such a bubbly personality that draws people towards you. Thank you for being so honest with me about your opinions and yourself. It made me feel like you cherished my opinion and that I made a difference in the decisions and choices you made. To the strongest woman I know (even with a busted knee) and my motivator to keep on my diet/workout routine.
Hannah: I am going to miss our random days of mini-adventures, from meetups to walks to HUT to hangouts, you really know how to include people. I love that you don't judge anyone and you are just so cute sometimes! *pout pout* ^_^ Thanks for always being down to adventure, for being my sounding board, and for your company on those lonely Saturdays at work. Love ya!
Christina: I love that you were so willing to jump out and reach out to me. Without your bravery, we wouldn't have been friends! Thanks for always being up for adventure, you're such a trooper. Until we meet again, perhaps in another country!Leah: So full of positive energy and a little wacko (in the best way)! Your eclectic taste drew me out to try the booch bar, tango, line dancing, and so much more. Hopefully we'll meet up in SF, possibly as roommates?
Becky: My hanai momma! Thanks for always looking out for me and supporting me, you're the best hanai mom a girl could have. See you in Utah next week!
Ryan: Dude, you were always cool (and extremely funny) in my book. Thanks for the strawberry mochi farewell gift- it's my favorite. :)Saul: Words can not describe how you turned my world upside down. I was in the traveling game knowing I would leave after 3 months to a new adventure, but you made this particular adventure a special one. Falling in love with you was just something else. Until we meet again... Meow! xoxo


No comments:
Post a Comment