Lately there has been chain mail going around Facebook. Someone is given a number and they are to post that many things about themselves. I've really appreciated reading all of the things I didn't know about my friends. I was given #9~
1. I am who I am because of humble beginnings. Learned to appreciate opportunities, challenges, elders and friends. Hard work has taken me 80% of the way- the other 20% is something else I have to figure out on my own. I am still trying to figure out that 20%. :P
I am now foremost a respectable career woman. I would never throw it away, but I would go to the other extreme as to stop, pause, and dedicate my life to my Love and my family. They would have to be patient with me though.... I get really antsy really fast and need change and progression in my life! It's my nature. :)
2. If you judge people, you have no time to love them. I use to be judgmental and somewhat narrow minded, despite the number of "friends" I made. Now I just accept people as they are, give advice/perspective where needed, and learned who to keep close and who to keep at bay. I now have so much room to love the people that are near and dear to me.
3. It has been a long journey to develop my self-respect. I may appear to be confident, but up until recently I haven't accepted who I see in the mirror. I'm either always too fat, too shy, too loud, too superficial, too unconditioned, etc. I have learned to appreciate myself and recognize not everything about my appearance and personality should be compared with other people. I have taught myself that I am beautiful, for beauty is being the best possible version of yourself, both inside and out.
4. A life goal is to be someone others can look up to. I want to inspire people, to help people. I want someone to say to me "because of you, I didn't give up."
5. I value higher education so so much. I respect people who go back to school after being out for a lengthy period of time. I get excited for students to graduate and to see what they will become. You all inspire me. One of the biggest things I am looking forward to is my 10 year high school reunion to see where everyone ended up. No career/job path is bad, I just want to know how everyone changed, what their interests are, and what is important to them. Those who come to brag will be given the "smile and nod" and given no praise, just because (in my opinion) you are still finding and searching for who you are and what you want out of life.
6. I have mad skills when it comes to event planning. Since sophomore year of high school, I've been planning and directing huge events involving very large groups of people. Deemed "the secretary" of my social group, I put forth these skills into a passion I call Community Involvement (maybe I should be some kind of city civic engagement director rather than an OT). I am crazy about themed parties.
7. Unfortunately, I hold grudges for a long time. It gets in the way- my ability to respect, love, and appreciate them. This is an ever-continuing battle I've been working on. Oddly enough, I forgive and forget quickly, but there are certain things that impede me from crossing that threshold... like I said, I'm still figuring it out. Side note: I, like any human being, have people I do not get along with or choose not to be friends with. Many of these people know who they are and I feel like maybe someday I will learn to be acquaintances, but that's not a priority for me right now. They are (more than likely) a result of some grudge I had/have against them in which I will not forgive them.
8. I have a secret desire to become rich and famous. Whether I pursue it is a totally different story. Nonetheless, it's a secret dream of mine. ^_^ Preferably for the Asian market, but I want to do something big and noticeable! I don't know how, I don't know why and I don't know what it would accomplish. Please don't ask/delve into the topic, it's just one of those things that I think would be totally awesome.
9. I thrive on life, particularly creation. I like to learn and create beautiful things. Late ventures include food, baked goods, knitting projects, physical challenges to tone my physical (AND mental) self, and building a business (which is a secret!!) in the near future. Maybe it's because I have a lot of grit?
There's so much about me, it's hard to narrow it down to just 9 few complicated pieces. Maybe more to come? I looooove self reflection. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment