Sunday, November 3, 2013

Extended Fall Break!

As many of you know, ever since I've finished my contract in Hawaii, I've been chillin' at home.  Just wanted to reflect on highlights and thoughts regarding the worth of my time.

- Salt Lake Comic Con with the siblings was most enjoyable, especially as a first thing to do when I was back!
- One on one hangouts with friends are so much more meaningful now.  You really get a chance to get to know the person on a deeper level, giving them your undivided attention.  Doesn't matter what we're doing- getting caricatures done, cooking chili, visiting a grave site, or just grabbing coffee/tea/dinner and chatting the day/night away.  :)
- Sisterly cruise to catch up on what we've been missing out on in each other's lives!  This has been the longest we've been apart (since I left Utah) so this one week of adventuring, splurging, binging and relaxing was much needed.
- Finding the meaning of long distance relationships.  Never thought I was made of this material, but I see him as something worth the effort and emotional roller coaster: staying strong when there's so much distance, especially when distance feels empty and lonely.  Yet, when you find something and someone worth fighting for, you put your hands in faith and know things will be okay.
- The importance of family love.  I knew I loved my family, but it was more of a passive act.  Now that I've left the nest, I miss them more and feel so thankful they love me and support me in everything I attempt.  I find myself voluntarily making dinner for the family, raking the leaves, cleaning the house, and any simple task to make them happy.  Love in acts of service apparently means a lot.  Plus, spending the time has allowed me to communicate with my parents better.  :)
- I'm artsier.  I'm now convinced I would make the perfect domestic house wife.  I wait for people to leave the house so I can clean and cook, then I wait for people to come home so they can enjoy the rewards of my labor while they were away.  WEIRD how that works.  I enjoy creating art, melding fashion, drawing makeup all the while making crafts, home decor, stuffed animals, scrapbooking/smashbooking, organizing... the list goes on.
- Working on my fitness.  I use to "like" it, but now I don't know if I really did... I thoroughly enjoy working on my physical fitness.  I have plateaued with my goal to lose the weight I gained since Jan 2013 at -20 lbs, so I still have a good 10-15 lbs to go.  Intake has been on/off, but I'm making healthy choices/decisions by default and nothing fried looks good anymore.
- Doing things by yourself isn't so bad.  Hiking, walking, reading, shopping... I think I'm turning into an introvert.  D:
- My drive to learn new skills/improve myself is stronger than ever!  Thank you to the extra time and fear of my brain vegetating as I sit doing nothing.  Gotta keep busy!!  Plus, I have to be the best I can for my family and for Saul.  ^_^
- I've been able to separate the acquaintances from friends much better now.  You can just tell who cares and who's just there for show/popularity.  Sad that I had to leave to learn who these people are (and surprisingly enough, they aren't the ones I thought were my friends!).

More to come, I still have 1 more month off.  Know what that means?  I will have 1/4 of the entire year off... no work.  Welcome back to high school!  No, college didn't count.  I didn't take ANY summers off.  =_= 

No comments:

Post a Comment