With satisfaction and ease, she says "Somehow I trust you to do it right. Why is that?"
The hostess and friend began discussing several reasons as to why they would have the feeling of being able to let me take on these tasks. They concluded, both agreeing at the same time:
"You're just good at everything you do."
For a second, I was speechless. I didn't know what to say. My tiny little brain raced through all the possible things I enjoyed doing... and I enjoy them because I have found a way to become an expert at them. I enjoy the outcome of my hard work. The process/journey to achieving that level may be rough, and admittedly there are many hobbies, tasks, etc. I take on yet end up incomplete for whatever reason (however, I've noticed if it's really important, I will see to it that I "complete" it).
Let's analyze this via examples, shall we? (yes, it's a rhetorical question)
- I enjoy having the end result. If it takes too long or becomes too complex for me, it ends up incomplete.
- If I have multiple tasks to complete, I will probably finish them in order of either 1. shortest time until completion or 2. enjoyment. Priority doesn't make it in the decision of which order, because everything that is even on the list is a priority.
- Is the finished product for myself or for others? I tend to be more motivated when others are able to enjoy it and become a little sloppy for personal satisfactions.
In the end, I was flattered and very much appreciated the comment. I have so much respect for my friends and to hear them say that really means a lot. xoxo
No comments:
Post a Comment