What is the definition of me? What defines what or who I am? I like to think it's the unique qualities that make me stand out, or my family, or even my upbringing. Yet, to me it may all come down to my core beliefs and characteristics I display from those beliefs.
I look back and feel so blessed to have the man of my dreams in my life, who certainly has a strong sense of who he is as a man. It's unlike any characteristic I've ever seen without another man telling him what to do. A general understanding is included in this article.... I had a previous post about women, too. :)
So I ask myself and find that I am finding more questions rather than answers about myself. Growing up from a sheltered environment, I have this profound curiosity to try new things, experience the unknown, and open myself up to making judgments on my own based off my own experiences. An interesting discussion came up about beliefs, and whether or not I should believe something just because someone tells me or says so. It was suggested I should look it up and research it for myself before deciding on what I believe. Yet, the same person tells me not to try things or do things because it's bad.
Having faith, I will take people's word on their advice, especially when I trust them... unless it has to do with limitations. Good limitations will have hard, significant, one sided evidence to back it up. Limitations that may or may not be tested are based off of opinion. When it comes to topics about limitations, I enjoy playing devil's advocate to understand more of what the person is saying, as it teaches me more about not what they're saying, but where they are coming from... about them.
I am still learning a lot about myself, but with the right influences, I'm sure I can have some sense knocked into me. ;) For now, I am an ever changing and developing young woman with imperfections and curiosities that steer me straight. Where will I end up?
Because who's perfect?
No comments:
Post a Comment