Work was productive and fun, lots to talk about with my patients. One significant chat with a patient led me to a desire a feeling that I may never experience. He and his wife have been married 60 years, and he tells me about how they met and what it felt like as if he were re-living it. He saw her. She had the perfect red mini-skirt. He asked her out. She made him dinner on the first date. He knew- it was meant to be. They shared bank accounts after a year (which I think is hearsay) and got married after two. "It's the most wonderful feeling to know that this person is the one you belong with." Sigh. I may never have that instantaneous spark with someone right off the bat, but hell, I'll never give up trying to find the one for me, even if it means building/finding a relationship that is worth fighting for.
I shared this with David after he visited me here in the east bay area, but it triggered little response. Not sure what that means. I don't want to seem like I'm pushy or eager to move on, as I'm happy with where we are now. I just want to share thoughts/feelings of what happens in my day to day activity without implications of something else.
Moving on... David came to see me here! What a refreshing change! We dined at a restaurant that served his favorite Chinese food- Szechuan. Spicy, authentic, yummy. I failed to ask him how it compares to his favorite place in Palo Alto. Mental note. We stopped by next door to 85*C for some taro buns, a slice of sea salt brulee cake and a couple of sea salt coffee/tea drinks. The whole night was full of enriching conversation, laughter and affection. I know, nacho cheese... but it was nice to have a date on a weekday. We went home and spent the night discussing... actually, I don't even really remember. We talked for a few hours. It was so late when he went home, but we still stayed up and texted. I just can't get enough of him.
The next day I woke up tired. Meeting was kicking my butt. All my patients cancelled on me. I spent the day organizing, listening to seminars and driving around to homes hoping the person is home and not just ignoring their phone calls.
After an unproductive (but grateful it was on a day where I had no energy/sleep) day, I returned home and decided to run. Thank goodness Gary the PT reinforced my sprained ankle with Leukotape and the run was a piece. I ran for 30 minutes straight (no, I don't run fast, I just run) and returned home to a protein shake and a sweet potato. haha I'm still eating leftovers.
Heading out the door, I met Mel for yoga from this young Indian gumbo guy who could bend backwards like nobody's business! It was mostly stretching and breathing... lots of breathing. I fell asleep during the "meditative" breathing. Just too damn tired today. Mel made modifications of her own as she looks more and more preggo everyday. :)
Returning home I watched an episode of School 2015, a K-drama Catherine and I decided to start watching together. I wonder which episode she's on... I for one am excited to watch a show, as it's been so long since I've had time or even made it a priority.
Off to bed, it's "early" and 11 is the new 10. I can't wait to see what tomorrow brings. Oh, PS. very little communication with David = sad face.
No comments:
Post a Comment