Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Anxiety is getting the best of me

I use to be someone who understood, from a clinical perspective, what it's like to have a mental illness.  Having worked in a State Hospital, you can be sure there are all sorts of mental illnesses to work with, but it's hard to put yourself in those shoes because it's such an internalized disease.

I am now, more than ever, understanding that due to the nature of my new job, I have began to develop anxiety, something I rarely have experienced before.  Since moving to SF, it has been extremely hard on me and how I handle my life, affecting all those around me and my ability to make friends.

Unfortunately, those who are closest to me don't know how to help console me or calm me down.  A friend posted this amazing article that brought me to tears because I really connect so well with all of these aspects.  If you know of a friend who also has anxiety and experiences it, please give this article a read so you can identify when it's happening and how to be there for them.

Too often this past year have I felt like people aren't meeting my needs when I get anxious/depressive, because I bounce right back with a different attitude a day or two later.  It's in the moment when I really, truly, need someone to be there when the going gets tough.

https://kylarosesims.wordpress.com/2016/11/01/when-your-partner-has-anxiety-a-meltdown-guide/


No comments:

Post a Comment