I was listening to a book on CD called Fierce Conversations and the 2nd principle they find important is to attend to yourself first. What does that mean? To me it seems as if you're being selfish, that your needs trump all others and that you look out for only yourself.
Well, to an extent. You want to serve yourself and help others the same. The point is you don't want to give so much of yourself away that you lose a sense of who you are. To be so accommodating to others so their happiness is more important than yours.
So, what phrase or word describes you in your entire being? I thought about this long and hard and thought maybe it's positivism and energy. But am I just my best self in front of others? This word or phrase should describe you even when you're alone and or just on a day to day basis, no matter the mood.
I think mine is nurturing or... scary as it may be, consideration of others.
Yes, that's right-- one of my biggest qualities is actually not about me, it's about others and those around me. No wonder I keep forgetting who I am and what I like and my favorite things! How will others get to know me if I'm always accommodating for them and the chameleon of the group?
So, it's time to put myself forward first... but I guess I have to find out what I like to identify my needs. :P It's so easy to forget when all you do is think about others' needs... lol
No comments:
Post a Comment