After throwing Dave an amazing luau birthday party filled with close friends and good conversation, I cleaned up the house and started down my path to the library. On my way over, there was an art & wine walk. How nice would it be to get something nice for myself? OK, let's indulge a bit.
Needless to say, I made it to the library and back with 2 books and 2 audiobooks... from the library.
Having previously been conscious about material items and the purpose of owning "things" I have somewhat strayed away from that mindset... to the point of not ever wanting to buy things unless I absolutely needed it.
Somehow it's a big turnoff to buy so many dresses (now I have to choose between another one?) or beauty products (if I have this many how will I ever rotate to use the one I actually want?) or excessive trinkets (what am I actually going to do with them and where would they even go?). After purging items from things that I used to own back at home, I realized that my nomadic minimalist lifestyle was so simple and yet... kinda boring.
Yes, materials isn't the answer. Yes, it doesn't make me forever happy. Yes, I hate spending money. But, should we limit our self to something that we want to explore or perhaps become passionate about? Sometimes (rarely) I will see things and it sparks joy (Kondo verbatim). Does that mean I should keep it?
I'm a little burnt out on experiences one right after another. The traveling, the people, the novel and uncharted territory of exploration. Maybe I need to chill out a bit and come back to this after recharging...
So, with much further adieu (haha), I bring you my current list of wants now that it's near my birthday:
- A beautiful phone with a nice camera
- Classes to learn a new skill
- Glitter Injection eye shadow/palate (silver, gold, rose gold, green, pink, white...)
- Wireless earbuds (mine got stolen out of my car...)
- A partner to do acro yoga with
- Visitors and friends from other places
- Cuddle Puddles.
OMG, I am terrible at materialistic shit. Did you see how my list transformed from "stuff" to experiences & people?!
But seriously, part of me really feels like I would like to be a little spoiled. Being so self sufficient and able to care for myself it would be nice for someone to shower me with affection (and no, it doesn't always have to be your designated partner). How do I become one of those gals who just wields a person to want to care for them?! haha. j/k. A little.
Anyway, last year I did absolutely nothing for my birthday. I'm somewhat used to other people throwing the party for me because to me it feels weird to say "Hey! I was born this day! Come celebrate me." So if nothing happens, you'll know why (I'll just be doing a little dance in my room to celebrate)!
Love you my dearies <3 p="">
3>
No comments:
Post a Comment