Wednesday, September 7, 2011

August Budget

Here's my monthly budget post.  Keep in mind my subtle hints about my shopping problem-- they will come into play when the numbers start rolling in.

The adventures of a shopaholic is how I have somewhat been living my life for the month of August.  There are many theories as to why I may be coping using retail therapy, but I will keep those private.  Expenses for the month of August have... peaked, so to speak.  Keep in mind, I have not had any type of steady income since 2010, and even then it was a mere $200+ each month.  That will help you keep things in perspective as you review the numbers of my previous budgets.

As a rule of thumb, I try to keep my budget at or below, but never above my highest for the past 3 months.  This is an all-time high.  Read on, followers, to find out more.

Here's the breakdown:

Category          Expense          Budget
Food                $262                $132
Gas                  $106                $151
Stuff                 $974*              $306
                        $1,342             $589

*Note:  This number includes an entire weekend's expense to Las Vegas.

Stuff is all inclusive of things that don't fall into the other moderately necessary categories.  But, what I don't usually see on my spreadsheet is: Guess, A&F, Coach x2, Nordstrom's and DOPL (for my OT license), to name a few.  Without them, I ballpark the expense of stuff to be lowered by $400.  Subtract Vegas, and you've got a good number for the total of what I usually spend.

As you can see.... I've more than doubled my given budget.  I've always been Asian-poor (yes, there is a difference between Asian-poor and really poor) so this number is extremely scary.  I'm going to try to keep my expenses under control so I can pay off those loans in a timely manner...

after all, I've already accrued more than $500 in interest.  -_-

Good thing I started a job to re-vitalize myself, or else I would have a panic attack.

No comments:

Post a Comment