Thursday, September 29, 2011

Social Strategies

In my spare time (which is extremely rare nowadays), I enjoy reading books.  I read a unique sort of books, including cook books, planning, fashion, and comic to name a few.  One of my favorite types of books to read is for self-improvement- always and ever changing myself to become a better person.  I do this for me, my family, and my close friends.  I want to become that person that can.

I've really been into socializing at a different level since the start of The Afterlife.  It's more enjoyable, meaningful, and personal in a way.  I've tried applying different social strategies to become a better friend, a role that people take for granted and take too passively.

I know I'm an avid networking gal, but that's different than building a good-quality relationship with peers.  A strategy I used was a type of self-inventory of what I want out of my social life.


  • To invite out other people more often and be invited out more often
  • To have more sports and fitness activities in life
  • To spend more time with people
  • To entertain in my own home
  • To be able to get-away-from-it-all and still have fun by myself
  • To know my coworkers and colleagues
  • To relate to people on a deeper level
  • To have more fun and feel lighter around people
  • To get closer to friends, even ones in relationships
  • To re-establish contacts and ties with friends I haven't kept in touch with
  • To become more involved with social, political, or community activities (although the ones I have now are keeping me quite busy)
  • To get more enjoyment out of my vacations
  • To have more ideas on how to enjoy my weekends and holidays
Of course, I have prioritized some of these over others, but these are all things I want.  As my own social planner, I'm going to squeeze every little thing into my life... all while working full time.

Do-able?  I hope so, because I've already begun and I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT.


Loving work, friends, family, and just overall.... life.  I am so thankful.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, I like this post. I agree with "become a better friend, a role that people take for granted and take too passively." I think the relationships we have in our life are really important. All people come into our lives for some reason.. we should always nourish the ones that we cherish. I love the list that you have too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tiff! Hope this can be an outline for those who want to improve relationships of all sorts in their lives. :)

    ReplyDelete