I initially began this blog post on Thanksgiving and realized that everyday I am thankful for tasks, things, etc. but don't often look at the big picture. I followed a lot of friends who gave 30 days of thanks for the month of November who had great ideas of things to be thankful for. Until last night when my car was broken into (see Theft & Violation post), I didn't know how much I should be thankful for.
These are the things I am most thankful for:
- My parents. For always being there, giving me a roof over my head, teaching me good morals and ethics, providing structure to my life, and giving me the privilege that I now realize have provided me with the know how to survive and become successful.
- My siblings. For teaching me how to share, their unconditional support, humor, design skills, and love of the same hobbies I have.
- Tommy. For making me laugh, letting me be myself, being patient and understanding when it seems like no one else would, being my love and my best friend.
- Friends. Who could really live without them? Just one best friend can't do it all. It's a full time job and a half! I struggle with this area in more ways than one, but am always looking to improve my own friendship skills. I am ever so thankful for those unrelated folks who I consider my second family. Without you all, I may just be Mika. With you, I am everything.
- Work. I am thankful for the profession to allow me to help others when they need it the most, exercising my compassion, clinical skills, team-working capabilities and my physical abilities.
- Safety. I am thankful for the environment I was raised up in, the people I associate with, and in turn the trust and relationships built between these people. I rely on friends and family more than I will ever understand, and losing even just one person scares me to no end (yes, even though some people think I'm a cold hearted biotch, I am rather sensitive... thank god I have the modesty not to show it or people would think I was weak).
- Positive demeanor/ optimism. I am thankful for happy days 8/10, making life worth living and 100x more meaningful. This is useful for the shittiest days to turn out rather decent.
- My organizing manner/ progressive thinking. I am thankful for my somewhat OCD tendencies (wow, they became useful, finally!) to give me rest breaks in life so I don't fall backwards... you'll understand this one more if it has happened to you.
- My opportunities. I am thankful for these doors that have opened (in my opinion, more because I asked/deserved it rather than privilege) to allow me to learn and travel, both which are invaluable experiences that make me who I am today.
- My compassion. I am thankful for the depth of my interests in (some) things to keep me preoccupied or entertained, or else I'd have no interests, tastes, or friends for that matter.
- My imagination. If I can think of it, it is possible. This may or may not be combined with my drive/motivation.
These are the top listed items for now... of course, ABC ID8r blogs are always a running list.
Interesting how I organized this list without planning it. External factors --> Internal factors. It's important to give yourself credit and not show that you're full of... well, it.
No comments:
Post a Comment