Ever since I was robbed, I haven't felt 100% secure. A part of me still feels like a chunk of my life has been taken from me by force. But the fear of incurring more harm is frightening.
Sure, they still have posession of my driver's license. Nothing else of true personal value has been stolen... or so I thought.
Riddle: what has immense value when you know the origin/purpose it, and if otherwise used is useless?
My house key, paired with my street address, in the wrong hands could be extremely dangerous. From the minute I told my parents about the happenings of two nights ago, everyone was on high alert. Neighbors watched our house. Friends made random checks throughout the daytime. Valuables were hidden/locked. Its an unnerving feeling to feel vulnerable in your own home.
Today, dad changed the locks on the house.
Thanks, mom and dad, for everything. I haven't felt this safe since I was robbed.
Commence exhale, a sigh of relief.
No comments:
Post a Comment