Talking about how to make money is exhausting when you don't have a finance degree or know very much about business. It's difficult, but not impossible to make some extra money!
Lately I've been thinking so much about how I want to indulge in so many things in life. Life is too short to just work one job, live in one city, be with the same people (although, don't get me wrong, good people will stay with you forever).
I've exercised my occupation as a student more than I ever cared to. That chapter of my life is over and I've very thankful about it. It's interesting how I've noticed some things about what I missed out on during the college life:
- I didn't build up a tolerance or acquired the taste for beer
- I didn't experience the move-out-and-be-independent-yet-irresponsible life
- I missed out on the everyday party scene
I did the "party hard" scene after I had time and money to burn... so things were a little out of order.
I'm pursuing the clinical-skills establishment of my career and am meeting great people with extensive knowledge about it. But is one income for a single person enough? I feel like the type of lifestyle I want to live will require multiple sources of income; therefore, I have decided I'm going to invest my money to make more money.
Details are going to be kept private for now, but a good friend of mine has a good basic rule of thumb: Assets > Liability.
It seems like such a "duh, that's obvious" method of thinking to stay out of debt, but what could make that greater-than sign bigger?
I have tossed the idea of starting up a small business in the near future with something I am very passionate about-- you guessed it, food.
Plan A) Cafe: coffee & desserts
Plan B) Restaurant: healthy, organic, locally grown food that actually tastes good, moderate priced
Plan C) Something totally Asian like shaved ice, norebang, photobooth, etc.
I guess I see myself as a potential member to the SBA.
No comments:
Post a Comment