Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Hair Mask

My hair is dying!  You know when your hair feels dry and it's hard to even comb through it without feeling like your going to break all your strands?

Okay, most of you have probably never felt that, which is a very good thing.  I don't know how I let my hair get like this.  No luster, shine, or good volume.  It looks like I'm wearing a rooster on my head.



Decided to go with a homemade hair mask today.  Why spend $20+ for chemicals when the natural ingredients are cheaper and better?

The recipe looks nasty, but it's "food" for your hair.  Who knew your hair needs to eat, too?  (And I'm not talking about shampoo and conditioner)

1 medium-ripe banana (lots of freckles is the one I used)
1 egg
1/2 avocado
2 tbsp honey
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
3-4 tbsp plain greek yogurt

I put it in a single serving food processor and blended until smooth.



This stuff is really hard to apply, but try to get all the roots.  I focused on my ends (split ends and looks like a hay field).  Leave in for 30-40 minutes and shampoo lightly.  Blow dry!

Just don't leave this out too long.  Make it right before you use it or it'll turn dark (oxygen to avocados and bananas make them turn brown when we eat them, right?  Plus, you've got dairly in it ><).

My hair feels stronger, smoother, and more hydrated.  Maybe I'll do this more often... and it doesn't cost as much as a bottle of chemicals!




No comments:

Post a Comment