Sunday, March 3, 2013

The Fight Against Obesity

As many of my close friends/family know, ever since setting foot upon Los Angeles, I have had this eating problem.  I like to call it Half Bulemic-- binging without the purging.  I have many theories of why I exhibit such factors:

1. Oral stimulation (that's what he said!).  I need to chew/crunch/masticate... weird, I know, I think it's a sensory issue.  Maybe I need speech therapy.

2. No OFF switch.  I get "full," but not really.  I don't feel it anymore.

3. I have nothing else to spend my money on... everything I need I already have (or so I think).

4. It tastes so good.  Food just tastes better here when you go to restaurants with **** or ***** star ratings and there is always something new to try.

5. I don't have have as many friends, therefore I have more time to eat?  Okay, maybe that's just BS, because when I had a lot of friends at home, I would constantly eat out because of them.

6. When it comes to food, I have little to no self control.  :<

I've gained 10+ lbs since moving here and counting.  Last weekend when some friends came over from Salt Lake to visit, I gained an additional 5 lbs.  This is totally getting out of hand!

I'm the heaviest that I have been in a long time.  This month, I'm making a commitment!  I'm going to lose 10 of the (at least) 15 lbs I have gained before I leave LA.  Starting March 1, I have begun a food journal and exercised everyday (work exercises don't count).  I have reduced the amount of fried, fat, and sugar I consume.  This is a huge task for me because my biggest barrier is my lack of self control, and when I cave, I binge.  Vicious cycle.

Day 3 and I'm already feeling optimistic.  The past month has been horrific, especially on my self-esteem.  I can't fit the pants/shorts I brought over from SLC.  I got dragged down and lazy.  My energy only lasted until the end of the work day.  It was just getting to be too much.

Wish me luck, I want to get my beach bod ready for Hawaii...  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment