Friday, April 18, 2014

Damaged

What does love mean?  Many times, people are blinded by love and don't know what they had until it's gone.  I for one have always been conscious about relationships.  I don't ever think the grass is greener on the other side, because it's green where you water it.

I'm always so surprised at how bad emotional lows hurt.  Sometimes I think it's better to protect myself rather than open up and hurt again.  Does anyone have a first aid kit to mend a broken heart?  Every time I experience an emotional dip, it tears me to feel for someone again.  My damaged heart feels like it will take no more, and my feelings and tears are how my heart is expressing pain.

I feel like I'm losing faith in God's plan for me, as if I'm being punished for taking control of my life.  Or maybe it's my fate for people to fall out of love with me.  Perhaps I'm incompatible with the people around me.  Whatever it is, there's something wrong, otherwise it would be right.  It's not easy to love me because I'm complicated.  For those potentials out there, ask yourself:  Is she worth it?  Obviously if the answer is 'no', then you end up hurting yourself and other people like me.

So if someone knows how to patch up this wound in my heart, you might be the one to save me from myself.

----------------------------------------

What I miss right now:

- Interlocking of hands and legs
- Eyes to gaze into
- Love to keep me safe
- Half of a tea/coffee mug
- Arms to keep me warm
- Sweet nothings



No comments:

Post a Comment