Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Deduction Puzzles

In an effort to keep my brain working, I've asked the speech therapist at my facility to help me keep my mind sharp.  Sometimes I feel like my brain gets use to my daily routines (even though I don't really have a routine... maybe it's not challenged in my preference).  I just wanted to share a couple of my favorite puzzles!  See how fast you can do them and try to beat me... I'm pretty fast.  ;)



Puzzle A: Using the clues below, decide what language each woman speaks, what sport she plays, and what she does for a living.

  1. Patty speaks Chinese.
  2. The elevator operator plays tennis.
  3. Teresa does not speak English.
  4. The elevator operator does not speak Chinese.
  5. Monica speaks French.
  6. Someone plays racquetball, but it's not the secretary.
  7. Judy is a tax collector.
  8. The secretary speaks Spanish.
  9. The doctor does not play basketball, but someone does.
  10. Teresa is a swimmer.


Puzzle B: Using the clues below, decide what kind of tree each person grows, how many children each has and the kind of house each character (Josh, Molly, Allie & Ted) lives in.

  1. The one with the six children does not have maple trees.
  2. Allie has four children.
  3. The apartment dweller does not have oak trees.
  4. The woman with six children lives on a ranch.
  5. Josh and Molly own the same type of house.
  6. Molly has six children.
  7. The one with two children has elm trees.
  8. Josh does not have pine trees.
  9. The one with three children lives in an apartment.
  10. The oak tree owner lives in a town house.

No comments:

Post a Comment