Monday, October 6, 2014

Change

When I think of change, my first thought is of Michael Jackson's Man in the Mirror.  But seriously, change has a bad rep.  We always hear "don't change for______" but the reality of it is we are stagnant if we don't change.  Situations, life circumstances, everything in our world changes and yet people are telling us to not change?

We are creatures of this world, innately adaptable to whatever is thrown at us.  It is inevitable to change, because we want to succeed, we want to survive.  How would people get along if we didn't change or adapt?  We most definitely wouldn't have friends of all different walks and would never progress because we feel comfortable in our own setting and situation already.

I was swimming at the YMCA yesterday when I saw a quote on change- I had to find out more and came across a few more quotes.  It seems the leaders of our history were pro change, too.  These quotes led me to pick a couple favorites.  Allow me to share:

There is nothing wrong with change, if it is in the right direction. Winston Churchill


If you don't like something change it; if you can't change it, change the way you think about it. Mary Engelbreit

No comments:

Post a Comment