Everyday I push myself to do a great deal of things. I've pushed myself so hard that it's become normal to wake up at 6:00 a.m. for work, work 9-10 hour days, 6 days a week, participate in unpaid voluntary work with non-profit organizations daily through meetings, events, fundraisers and service, maintain relationships, spend time with family and doing chores/maintenance/playing my role as daughter/granddaughter/niece/sister, exercising on a (hopefully) daily basis, and squeezing in sleep.
I came to the realization I do too much awhile ago, but it really comes back and nips you in the bum when you start falling asleep at the wheel, have a to-do list that lasts more than one page, and (what affects me the most is) getting sick because your body just can't handle it anymore.
At this point, I feel overwhelmed each and everyday, always thinking of what I need to get done and only making a small dent in the list. That list grows, day by day, to a length that surpasses my ability to maintain good standing with the ties they relate to.
So, as my "day off" when it is sunny and beautiful outside before the storm of tomorrow, I, once again, as a sickly individual unable to keep down more than half a bite of food, have a list of items to complete today.
- Upload phone pictures to computer- Clean room (gets messier with each busy day)
- Clean desk so I can do my taxes (no, it's not April 15th yet, I know, I know...)
- Vacuum and dust
All the things I'm suppose to do on a regular basis at home is finally being taken care of because I'm forced by my body to stay in.
Yay.
No comments:
Post a Comment