Sno Patrol - Called Out In The Dark
I want to say thank you for all those people that have helped YAAP grow and change. Thank you to those who volunteered, who took time out of their busy lives to get involved, and to help organize a community of young individuals, both student and professional, who want that extra resource available to them.
It seems as though YAAP has changed so much. Some for the better, some for worse. I know through professional ties the organization has grown; however, I also know as of late (due to my personal social situation), I have lost a lot of members and supporters. It's unfortunate to see that just because of my presidency, people would attend/avoid club activities. It doesn't belong to me, it belongs to those members who compose it. That's how YAAP got it's amazing kick-off-- it's the active members who make it succeed!
Members who have taken ownership of their right as a YAAPer (lol) have reaped many benefits, and I hope they will continue to do so. As I close off my second term as President and begin to Chair the OCA-Utah chapter (local chapter to national OCA), I begin my term as Ex-Officio/Immediate Past President, advisor to YAAP.
Hopefully my experience with YAAP has given me some tools under the belt to run UOCA well. So far, so good. Let's keep it that way.
BTW, if you haven't joined, you should! More info about UOCA and upcoming events.... at the very least, I hope for your support this year. :)
PS. For your listening pleasure, the song I've been obsessed with these past few months. BLAST it! ;)












No comments:
Post a Comment