Sunday, April 22, 2012

Thinking Ahead to 2013

Here in Pittsburg, we are talking extensively about planning for future events.  This instigated thoughts on where I would be in 2013:

- Not sure if I want to take a traveling job in Maui come January.  The idea of working in a vacation spot might spoil all ideal images I have of Hawaii.  My current speed of life is far greater than the pace of living there and I'm afraid I'll get bored, lazy, tan (OMG, I have to stay white lol), and a retreat spot will be spoiled by work... although, work is fun and enjoyable.  ;)

- Relationship-wise, I don't know if I will be able to sustain a long-term relationship if I take on traveling jobs.  Living for 6 months in one city and 6 months in another city might not help sustain a solid relationship with anyone.  :(  I'm still thinking of a solution.

- Financially, I'm working my a$$ off to pay off the loans.  Currently I've got ~$11K with my name on it that the government is holding me to (my goal is to pay it all off by January 2013), a significant difference from last September.  Cheer me on.... living life like a bum is no easy task.

- Although I am ending my term as Chairperson of OCA in December, by default I am the Ex-Officio for 2013.  It has been presented to me, since being on the OCA National Board of Directors and on the Marketing, Branding, and Communications Committee, to be on the Executive Council as the VP of Communications... Pros: I don't have to be anchored to Utah to be on the National EC; Cons: more work when I want to focus on my practice as a clinician.  Thoughts?

Meeting has been adjourned; this topic is being recessed to next time.  :)  On my way home to Salt Lake!

No comments:

Post a Comment