Saturday, June 9, 2012

FedLoan Payoff

Last night, my mom and her friend Sue were ever-so-persuasive.

They were giving me financial advice on what I can do with my money and how I can save/make more.  Some things were obvious, but one thing was for certain:

If I have enough money to pay off all my loans NOW, why not do it?


I couldn't give a good answer, but I tried to justify why I had so much saved up in the bank.  The various reasons could be planning for trips, saving to be independent in the future in a new city, or any other excuse I had.

Those excuses were lame compared to the 6.8% I was owing each month to the government for my loans.

So, I did it.  This month, I will be paying off the remaining balance of my student loans.  It will have taken me 7 months to pay all my student loans off since I started working.

FAREWELL, debt.  :D


1 comment:

  1. Congrats! That is so awesome! I can't wait until I payoff mine... Ughh

    ReplyDelete