Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Never Call A Girlfriend Fat

One of my coworkers, bless her heart, is at odds with her boyfriend of 4 months.  At first it started out as an argument, but it turned into an attack to each other.  So, what does he pull? 

I love you and I love everything about you... I'm just not attracted to you physically.  If you could just lose some weight, that would help.  

Gaaaaaaaaaaaah!  She told me he said that and I was instantly furious.  What kind of boyfriend says that?!  I was upset about it the whole day.  I could never imagine any of my boyfriends saying that to me, even if we were fighting.  Sure, it could be different if I'm asking for some critiquing/constructive criticism, but never an attack.  And WTF is not being attracted to your girlfriend?!  There has to be physical attraction there, right?  

Anyway, it's all sorts of messed up right now, and it makes me mad to think about it... I just hope she'll be okay.  

I care about you and want you to know if you ever need someone, you can always lean on my shoulder.

4 comments:

  1. My ex used to tell me I was fat, and then he'd get mad that I was trying to lose weight. So dumb. I think it was his way of trying to stay in control of me. Really messed me up. You are right though, never be with someone who makes you feel like crap.

    ReplyDelete