Monday, February 18, 2013

Avocado Shake

Have you ever had an avocado shake?  I generally associate avocado with savory foods, like guacamole, burgers, or salads with a hint of fruit.

Apparently (and I should have known this from Bryan's step mom's favorite dessert), Vietnamese-Chinese people loooove avocados to the point where they put it in desserts & drinks.  As the food adventurer I am, of course I'm willing to try something new and quirky!

This was new-year avocado jello with a bit of chocolate.
It tasted more yolky (like ripe avocados) with a bit of sweetness.

Avocados & milk is an amazing combo.  Add a bit of condensed
milk or sugar and you've got yourself a Viet treat!
I would recommend trying it, even just once, if you 1) like avocados, 2) are adventurous with food, or 3) if you like that yolky, creamy taste.

I wonder if there's a name for it...

No comments:

Post a Comment