Friday, February 15, 2013

Valentine's Day

As I log on to see all the sweet and wonderful things guys do for their partners, it makes me feel happy yet sad. This bittersweet feeling can only stem from a little jealousy- not having someone with me here on my favorite holiday, no spoiling, no dining out.

In some ways, this says a few things about me: I long to be wanted, I love to be spoiled, and I need someone to love in return.

This Valentine's felt empty and hollow. Secretly I wished for even the smallest personalized gesture from someone, anyone, like a card in the mail or a flower...

Although I handed out dozens of handmade roses, I received a single white rose and lunch from a coworker, as did all the other therapists in the department.

That's the sweetest gesture for my 2013 Valentines <3

No comments:

Post a Comment