Friday, April 26, 2013

Reality Check- Island Fever Episode

The past 24 hours I've been pondering this thought:  What am I doing right now?

It's really difficult to answer, but after much thought, I came up with a short reality check (not necessarily answers):

  • I am on an island. In the middle of the Pacific Ocean. With no one I relate to.  Whoa.
  • I am submersed in another culture, and I am living their ways!  I only ever did that in Asia... and I think I've got the hang of that one.
  • I have all this time and it's all for me.  Live life mindfully.
  • What are my priorities?  Saving money?  Experience culture?  Tourism?  Work experience?  All of the above.  I can't balance it.
  • Seeking personal relationships.  Maybe I'm just at that age, or maybe I'm a bit lonely.
  • Realized I'm hella awkward at first but once I get to know you I'm more friendly and open.
  • Just living costs more than I'd like to spend.
  • Hates people with ulterior motives more and more.  Why do I have to dislike them?  Why not just accept them for who they are?
  • I am either going to be very sensitive or desensitized about the fact that I am a #tall #Asian #female that doesn't play basketball.  End of story.
  • May look more youthful from adventures, traevling, and humid climate.
  • Miss my family more than I have ever in my entire lifetime.
I just kind of let my thoughts flow.  New label for these types of posts?  Hell yeah.

No comments:

Post a Comment