Alright peoples, it's decided. I'm staying in town to help out with family matters. It's extremely stressful- at times I want to quit and just leave. However, I've got good support and thankfully he's there to cheer me on and help me in the right direction when I lose faith.
I need to create a plan of action for my stay. I'm hoping to stay at least until I'm able to successfully settle the matter at hand, at longest I'll be here through the holidays. First thing's first: budget and manage myself.
Although I would like/strive to be independent, my parents have openly expressed their need for me to be with the family. I won't argue that my presence has changed some of the dynamics in the home, but it's unnerving for me to be dependent upon my parents. Nevertheless, I'm trying to make up for their hospitality by helping around where possible.
With housing expenses paid, I just have to budget for my next quarter's cost of living. Currently being un-contracted, I can't be frivolous with money. In fact, the dwindling numbers are giving me anxiety. Going off of what I think I am capable of and last month's expenses (ha, re-donk) October-December are gonna be tight:
Winter Quarter Monthly Budget
Auto payment: $1000 (non-variable)
Gas refuel: $100 (essentially refuel only 2x/month)
Food & dining: $100 - this is gonna be tough... yikes!
Groceries: $200 (for the family)
Entertainment: $100 (shows, activities, etc.)
TOTAL variable expenses: $500.00
Then... we add holidays. -_-
Gifts & charitable donations: $500 (one time expense)
NET total: $1,500.00/month + $500 OTE
Whew, I feel a little more at ease. Maybe I get too overwhelmed with managing finances... now hopefully I will be able to find/create a contract for some income.... -_-
No comments:
Post a Comment