I have recently been presented with a decision impacting my life for the next 3 months: a travel assignment in Salt Lake City from October 2013 - December 2013. What does this mean?
Pros:
- Saving money. No rent, some groceries and gas only.
- I get to drive my own car (vs. renting in Hawaii).
- I get to help my family at home.
- I have my gym membership so I can work on my physical self.
- I'm comfortable in my environment, have my usual friends I hang out with, get to see people I know.
Cons:
- Initially started traveling therapy to travel, experience different settings, and learn more about myself and my independence. This is a setting I am very familiar with (possibly don't want to do anymore) and in the same city I've grown up in.
- I'm leaving my family. There's a bunch of family issues going on right now that I may aide in fixing, to what extent is uncertain. Each member needs me right now (social support, guidance, chores/tasks, role model).
- It's cold here. Ugh.
- I'm comfortable here. Saul's not here. Boo :(
Maybe the best decision would be to stay in Utah until a contract I really want comes up. Take my time, do what I can at home, then go when something catches my eye. Here we go, breakdown of the new idea:
Pros:
- help out family at home now
- no rent, slight costs for gas and groceries
- be with friends (although I really miss those friends from LA!)
Cons:
- Contract determines when I leave, whether or not I finish my business at home
- Dwindling bank account from lack of work (is it worth it to pick up PRN positions for temporary work? For tax purposes?)
- It's cold.
Update 10/9/13:
Dad and mom want me to stay and help out around the house. Am I being too selfish in thinking that this might not be the best idea? #torn
Any other ideas/suggestions welcome. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment