Friday, September 19, 2014

The Law of Fuck Yes or No

I came upon this article as I had a lot of emotions and feelings run through me.  Feelings of wanting to be in a relationship, feelings of others wanting to become closer to me, feelings of longing, seeking or loneliness.  

This article touches base on the beginnings of new relationships forming.  I've seen so many different variables (experiencing them myself or talking with friends about their troubles) and it's complicated how people get started (or don't) in a relationship.  Somehow this rings true: you have to desire them and they in turn must respond the same way (levels of desire vary, of course).  When one doesn't feel the same, how is anyone going to be happy if one pursues and the other doesn't?  

Of course, I'm talking about relationships of all sorts: friends, dating, significant other.  That grey area of "maybe he/she is into me" gives people a sense of false hope... now you see the realist in me come out!  I don't really consider it a waste of time, it's just thinking of something that's not there.  

So what should you do instead of pondering/sulking/dwelling?  I'm no professional who gives advice on these sorts of scenarios, but my fallback plan is always to work on myself.  No, not for the person I am striving for, but to become a better me.  I can show it off publicly, but I prefer to work on the small things of my personality, values, physical body, health and some selected skills I find interest in.

Ultimately, everyone is beautiful and as long as I know that I am, then I can tackle whatever comes my way (rejection, failure, disappointment, etc).

:)

The Law of “Fuck Yes or No” states that when you want to get involved with someone new, in whatever capacity, they must inspire you to say “Fuck Yes” in order for you to proceed with them.
The Law of “Fuck Yes or No” also states that when you want to get involved with someone new, in whatever capacity, THEY must respond with a “Fuck Yes” in order for you to proceed with them.


http://markmanson.net/fuck-yes/

No comments:

Post a Comment