Sunday, October 9, 2011

Saturday Logs

This is the first of many Saturday logs.  I was talking to my good friends Esther and Rich, whom I spent most of my Saturday with (if not all), and I thought it would be a good idea to get a glimpse of my life outside of work.

By glimpse, I mean sliver.  1 day out of 7, I'll map out my day.  The purpose is to 1) put my life into perspective by giving myself a log to look at past events; 2) inspire people to get connected, be involved, generate ideas for activities/events, and to see the potential value of life.

All of you know by now that life, in my view, is good.  I love every bit of it- from sleep, to work, to cooking, I can't get enough of it.... especially sleep, there's not enough hours in a day.

Here goes, all or nothing!

Saturday, October 8th, 2011

0800- wake up, write newsletter article on partnership between organizations, draft sponsorship/donation letters for banquet, prepare YAAP agenda for executive board meeting

1000- YAAP EB meeting at Corner Bakery & Banquet meeting with Rich, Esther, and Lucas.  Shopping for gifts afterwards at Fashion Place Mall

1300- Grab a planner at Barnes & Noble for Rich, grab snacks for CAU's social at Smith's with Esther, 3 of us head to Sugarhouse Park to show YAAP support for other organizations at their barbecue social

1500-  3 of us headed up to Snowbird to enjoy the last weekend of Oktoberfest, eating bratwursts, German chocolate cake, doing the chicken dance, and drinking out of steins with Catherine, Danny, and Paul








2000- hanging out with Rich, Tommy, Catherine, Danny, John and Brian at home before taking the party van to Petco to look at cute pets ^_^  Bought a beta fish and all the works along with it for Angee's birthday present.  Returned home to get ready to go out to the bar and eat delicious baked goods from mom

2230- left with Rich & Tommy to Poplar's, walked down the street in freezing cold weather, hung out with (oh god, so many people) Catherine, Danny, Chris, Kevin T., Randy D., Angee, Dan N., Danchi N., Nicole, Cindy, Michael, Erin L., Erin W., Stirling, Oanh, Jay, and... LENA!  ^_^  Sorry if I missed anyone...

0030- migrated to Opium Lounge.  Danced our asses off.  So. Much. Fun.


0200- finally returned home, chatted until wee hours of the morning with my favorites <3

and, while we're at it and it's Sunday....

0830- wake up to go to work.  =_=

LOL  What do you think about the logs?  Good idea or not?  I've been trying to avoid mentioning names in my blogs, but.... somehow this is appropriate.

Feedback??????


4 comments:

  1. Liking the logs. I've been trying to avoid mentioning names in my blogs too! But yes, this is appropriate. You work on Sundays???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I work every Sunday, but I have Mondays off... usually. :) Yeah, it's so hard when people's names get mentioned... because if the situation is wrong, then people start getting in trouble. :\ Hopefully people just appreciate what's going on and not seek out drama!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol, yeah, keeping things drama free def makes things simpler. well i guess that's a decent trade off... working Sundays but have Mondays off. do you like it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, it's pretty nice until you have a party on Saturday and have to leave early.... :( But Sundays at work are usually chill, so I don't mind. :)

    ReplyDelete