Monday, October 17, 2011

Winner Winner Afternoon Tea

It's... Saturday again!  Well, not really, I know I'm a bit late, but today was a busy day at work.  I was there for 10 hours!

Here we go~~

Saturday, October 15th, 2011

0000- Craps at Wendover.  Saw Hai learning how to play and decided "Why not?" and placed my chips on the pass line as he rolled.

0100- Cashed out while I was barely ahead... winner of $40!  :D  Tommy came out ahead, too, and bought birthday shots all around!  I talked to the bartender... he recommended a great (and I mean, GREAT) shot.  The 7 of us toasted to a happy birthday for me & Addies.  :)
Gotta eat the seafood buffet :D

Bottoms up- by far the best shot all of us have ever tasted....

Happy birthday to Addies & I!

(sometime in the morning)- breakfast/midnight snack at Dee's.  That place is getting hella expensive....

0800- Tommy's alarm clock woke all of us up (it was set for work).  Rich jumped 3 feet into the air (LOL) because of it.... didn't get back to sleep and was UBER tired!  hahaha  It was fun though ^_^

1130- Lunch at Gossip with the Uge (lol  my attempt at shortening usual) and saw a bunch of people!  Good to see Yen, Jasmin, Harry, and Jay.  :D  Addies got me addicted to the noodle soup at that place!  ><

1700- Afternoon tea at the Grand America Hotel.  I am totally addicted to this place and I think everyone else is now!  Had the mint & fresh tea (mint leaves and lemongrass) and an assortment of sandwiches, scones, cheeses, and desserts.  A harpist and a live jazz band made this experience extra special.  <3  Thanks to Jen, Danny, Catherine, Tommy, & Rich for joining!
The table setup ^_^ with live band and harpist!

See the strawberries & cream?  :D

The menu~

Great day for tea!

The Traditional Grand Tea comes with champagne and international
cheeses and biscuits :D

Coraline!

Chocolate tiramisu mousse 

1900- Went to Bonne Vie (the sweet shop at the Grand) and bought Esther some macaroons: pumpkin spice, hazelnut pear, and pistachio.  We missed Esther at tea at the very last minute and I wanted to make her feel like she was there.

2000- At Ludaxx for the Eliot Ash short film screening.  God, my friends are so talented.  Congrats to Eric & John on a successful film!

2330- Finally in bed, exhausted from the week, and in serious need of sleep before that damn 10 hour day of work.... *sigh*  It was fine though, I got a lot done and was still chipper afterwards because mom made me a large bowl of zha-jiang mien.  So. Good.  <3

Until next Saturday!  :D

1 comment:

  1. Afternoon tea @ Grand America is such a nice treat to have once in a while. it's such a pretty set up. have you ever been to the Beehive Tea Room? they have cute little rooms for afternoon tea and it's nice there too. different from Grand America, but it's nice too.

    Happy (early?) Birthday!!

    ReplyDelete