Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Personality Traits

My personality traits that people have to know about to understand me.....

Control freak (but getting better at it!) 
I know, it's not always the most admirable quality, but I need to know I can manipulate/change various aspects of my personal life.  Micro-managers?  STAY AWAY (unless I have no idea what I'm doing).

Detail oriented 
Please don't be vague with me.  I need to know all aspects of the situation!  Not because I'm nosy, but because I need a clear visual.  Don't make me play 100 questions with you.  When providing me info, make sure you get the basics down when talking to me as a common courtesy! Who? What? When? Where?  This is what makes me a good event planner.  ;)

Goal/Outcome oriented 
Is there a purpose to what we are doing?  There better be... and it better be good!  I'm always looking for the outcome/goal and am willing to go through the means to get to the end.  Can I say determined and strong-willed?

 Organized
My planner is my forever companion that keeps my sanity positive and my stress down.  My personality type (as demonstrated by the Hartman Personality Profile or the "Color Code Test") is fond of being busy and participating in many activites... "down time" (otherwise known as doing nothing) is often avoided.  Remember this when making plans with me!  I don't like to sit forever with a group saying "I don't know, what do you want to do?"  However, I'm flexible when other people's consideration is a vital factor in the process of making decisions.

Harsh & critical
But I don't intentionally want to seem mean about it!  I like to be honest, unless it seems like I'm just out to hurt your feelings.  Really, I'm just trying to help you help yourself.

So-so listener
Alright, I admit- I like to be the talker (unless in specific situations where I feel intimidated or there is someone more domineering than me... then I don't want that center of attention).  I just like to be heard.  :)  But, remember: I'm good with details, so if I am listening, you really only have to say it once for me to get it.

Tasks over relationships
I would say this topic is my area of improvement.  I can make friends easily, but I am still struggling to increase the quality of these friendships and relationships with other people.  I can't pinpoint the exact reason, but I tend to (and not intentionally) place people on the back-burner while I get stuff done.  Keeping this in mind, people please call me out on it and re-direct my attention... spanks.  :D

I'm sure the list goes on, but these are the things I can think of off the top of my head.


No comments:

Post a Comment