Thursday, February 19, 2015

Emotional Wellbeing

Today has been an emotionally taxing day.  I've had a lot of negative ruminating thoughts of something that should not have occurred.  I can be really hard on myself and expect a lot out of my personal performance.  I'm also a very headstrong person; therefore, I will believe what I tell myself.  When I come short of perfection, I've learned to accept small shortcomings and use them as learning lessons.  When I have failures, it's so, very, difficult.  Sigh.

I just need to distract myself.  I need a little cheerleader to help me stay positive.  I need to stay proactive.  This TEDx talk is definitely worth revisiting when I need a little boost.  I don't have total control over every situation.  I can't determine what is going to happen to me.  I need to learn how to build emotional resilience... try not to let failures overcome me and build better habits...

I need to overcome my failures.


No comments:

Post a Comment