It's so easy to lose touch with people that were once important in your life. At one point, they were people worth spending your time with. Why not now? Why do we lose touch? I went to my dad's 40 year middle school reunion yesterday and it occurred to me- these people have something in common and have every reason to stay in contact. They've done a great job of it, too! So much fun and commonalities in life. Why do we get lazy and forget?
So it got me thinking about how I spend my time and who I spend it with. I do lose touch with people unintentionally. Not to make excuses for myself, but I know I have a habit of "out of sight out of mind" and keep friends close who are low maintenance or don't mind contacting me first. I need to take initiative and change this bad relationship habit of mine. Good friends that I want to keep should require a bit of work. After all, why would anyone go through the trouble of finding the good ones then letting them go?
I'm going to make a quick off-the-top-of-my-head list of those that were once meaningful (and still may be!) to me:
Elementary school: Camille, Rachel, Leslie, Joseph
Middle school: Ariane, Barbara, Camille, Garth, Will, Sam H, Savannah, Andrew R, Christy H, Shane H,
High school: Tara, Barbara, Chris, Josh, Sam, Andrew, Patrick, Melissa, Crystal, Edwin, Sherbet, Mikey, Edward, Katie, Christina, Jeanne, Megan, Breanne, Jenny, Amy, Sarah, Kim, Sally, Spencer, Corbin, AJ, Seaver, Alex, Sergey
I could go on with undergrad, grad, YAAP, Cali, Hawaii, Texas, etc. but I still keep in touch with many of those folks. It's the earlier days I'm having a hard time remembering, and really hope that if I contact them out of the blue it won't be weird. XD I mean, really, what's 10+ years between old friends? :P
No comments:
Post a Comment