Commence the headaches, cranky mood, nausea, withdrawals, and dizziness. @_@ I personally felt headstrong going into this but I know my number one weakness has got to be food. Today, the day before the cleanse, I began to have a minor freak-out attack. Can I do this? Is it possible? Am I setting myself up for failure?
Luckily we have a support system, a group of us doing it together. If it wasn't for them, I probably would never start this in the first place. With the little self-control I have, I'm going to avoid all processed and cooked foods for a whole week. A WHOLE WEEK!!!!!
Good news is after the last time I cleansed with Catherine (3 days, it was rough) about a year ago, my whole perspective on food changed, my mind was clear, my energy was up, my taste buds renewed, my body felt lighter. And lighter it was: I lost 7 lbs in 3 days. No expectations this time... I'm older, my metabolism is slower, and I really just don't want to set myself up for failure.
Some of the food I've prepared for the week:
- Drink: water, lime water, coconut water, Naked juices
- Fruits (papayas, lychee, longyan, bananas, strawberries, tomatoes, avocados)
- Veggies (sugar snap peas, carrots, celery, cucumbers)
- Salads & dressing (I'm thinking of raspberry vinaigrette made of raspberries and honey or blending up a papaya with some lime or even a creamy dressing made from avocado)
- Nuts (almonds, peanuts)
- Multivitamin (in case I'm missing some kind of nutrient... I'm not trying to starve myself from anything)
Another bonus is that I can eat as much as I want; however, I remember food not tasting so good and eating just enough to get by. Eat to Live, as some would put it. No pleasure in food and eating whatsoever. This is a favor for my colon, who has put up yet another year of me feeding it junk and un-digestable quantities of food in one sitting. *thank you thank you for being so good to me*
Wish me luck and keep me in your thoughts... will try to do daily updates for y'all. Peace out, I gotta chug a bottle of water. >_>



Hi, this is a great post, lots of excellent information here. Well done. For anybody who wants more info about a 7 day cleanse, then check out this post at http://kosmic-kitchen.com/7-day-cleanse/ There is loads of information in the ebook including menu plans and shopping lists, plus phone and email support to make sure you finish the cleanse and hit your targets. Highly recommended!
ReplyDelete