I love watching any self-help shows when I'm with my patients, sometimes it gets distracting when Dr. Oz comes on because I find the facts that he presents so intriguing. Of course, I've had my fair share of physiology ed so I know what he says isn't meant to be used in isolation, but it's interesting how he's categorized the 4 Satiety Centers, a natural desire for:
1. Food
2. Water
3. Sleep
4. Sex
If the body hasn't balanced these categories, then it's going to fill the void somewhere else. I have a very unbalanced Center:
LOL I laugh at it too, but it's the truth! I feel bad for my liver, hell, my whole body... I will try to make a conscious effort in increasing my water intake and sleep at night, but 1) I don't like to drink water. Food is just more satisfying and I don't have boba milk tea to drink everywhere I go; 2) I don't like to go to sleep, but I love sleeping. This decrease in sleep would make more sense if I had more sex. hahaha But I have no excuse for not sleeping! I should just erase that orange box...

No comments:
Post a Comment