Some good advice for girls turning into women.
http://laurenconrad.com/blog/post/tuesday-ten-things-every-girl-in-her-20s-should-know
Only this year have I began religiously wearing sunscreen, watching my budget tightly, cherish my friendships, and have a bigger sense of adventure. The sunscreen is a given, living in Hawaii has taught me this. I have more loans paid off and more bills to pay than I can wrap my head around. @_@ (speaking of which, its long overdue for a financial update post!) Also, living here in Hawaii with the most amazing personal tour guide + more have I learned to step out of my boundaries and shake life up with a little risk and adventure.
I'm still working on speaking up for myself. Recently I have met a couple therapy friends in their early 30s. The story sticks in my head as tried and true: one of the girls was being harassed by a drunkie and the other stepped up and called him out on it in a nonthreatening manner. I don't think I would ever have the guts to speak up the way she did... But I will definitely work on it!
I've nailed how to interview (being a people person), how to take a compliment (definitely blushing when its given by someone who I want to get attention from), and how to admit defeat (sigh... I learned at an early age).
No comments:
Post a Comment