This weekend I went on a fantastic trip to Los Angeles, CA, for a leadership conference. I'll try to keep this short, but the lack of internet for 4 days is gonna take it's toll in my blogging....
Leaving late on Friday, I met my new travel buddies: Kaplan, Geoffrey, and Joe. All 10 of us took 2 vans and headed out for our road trip to LA. Of course, we stopped at In n Out in St. George for lunch (what else is good in St. George?) and blew through Las Vegas (sniff sniff) towards Cali. We checked in to the Omni Hotel which was absolutely gorgeous! A very contemporary & luxurious hotel indeed. With the bathroom stylish, pool refreshing, and apples galore, it was a fun experience.
The conference was full of energetic and active leaders from all over the western US. We were able to to do a fun intro activity, learn about Asian-American history and how it impacts the rights we have now, do case studies to understand our leadership styles, and practice facilitating discussions about social justice topics. Overall, it was a bonding moment and an educational one as well. This was extremely fun and well worth the 10 hour drive!
We tried to hit up all the Asian sights, especially in K-town and Little Tokyo. We had fun at Manna, a covered-outdoor Korean BBQ restaurant. All you can eat Korean BBQ and soju? Don't mind if I do. We were able to see how Koreans like to celebrate birthdays at the restaurant- shaking champagne and spraying it into their eyes, drenching the birthday girl/boy! It was a fun new culture to experience. Gaam, a loungy-restaurant, had great authentic Korean food, more soju, and really pretty Korean girls. No really! They were all so gorgeous! Now I know how the duckling felt.... Oruchon Ramen was a place near the hotel in Little Tokyo who had the spicy challenge. None of us wanted to have IBS in the car ride home, so we went with the safer bets. For someone who hasn't had ramen (real or packaged) in almost 10 years, I was fairly disappointed. I'm glad Nikun and his friend could take time out of their busy schedules to come visit and say HI!
Of course, a blog is no fun without pictures. They'll be coming up, soon. Esther, our professional photographer, used her awesome camera to document every bit of our trip. Stay tuned!
No comments:
Post a Comment